All races are held at the Eagle Bike Park:
Racing takes place in 4 heats. Your race heat is determined by your USA Cycling Cyclocross category and potentially age. See our schedule page for more information on heat times and categories in each heat.
All bikes are welcome to race. For safety reason, all handle bars must have bar plugs and mountain bikes can not have bar ends. When there is snow on the ground bikes with tires greater than 3″ wide are welcome to race, but will not be scored due to potential unfair advantage. No motors.
- Adult :: $28 pre-registration (thru athlete360.com ), $40 Day of Registration (Closes 20 minutes prior to start of each race)
- Junior (racing in USA Cycling Category) :: $20 pre-registration (thru athlete360.com ), $30 Day of Registration (Closes 20 minutes prior to start of each race)
- Free Kiddie/Strider Ride (~5 minutes) @ ~ Noon on Saturdays only, waiver must be signed on the day of race
- Free race entry for 1st ever CX racers on Oct. 5th (Waffle Cross #1), See athlete360.com
- Special season long discounts for bike shop employees, See athlete360.com
- Season passes available during the month of September , See athlete360.com
- Annual or 1-day USA Cycling License Required :: 1-day beginner license $10.00 and $25.00 for non-beginner 1-day license.
- **2nd Race entered of the day is $10. Day of registration only. Must be eligible for 2nd race category.
- Free Waffles (Donations accepted and go directly to weekend charitable partner).
- 1 Free Clairvoyant Beer to each racer 21 or over, each additional beer will cost $ with all proceeds going directly to weekend charitable partner!
- SWICA assigned race numbers will be used for the entire Series. If you have not picked up your SWICA number yet, it will be available at your first USAC sanctioned CX race in the valley (e.g., Eagle Island CX, Idaho Waffle Cross). Do no lose your SWICA number. Replacement cost will be $10 and will become your new permanent number.
- Minimum of 4 races must be entered to be eligible for overall series.
- Best 5 out of 6 races count towards overall series points.
- Series Points = 1st – 30, 2nd -28, 3rd – 26, 4th – 24, 5th – 22, 6th – 20, 7th – 19, …….. 25th – 1, (DNF = 1, DNS = 0).
- Series awards will be presented to overall top 3 racers in each category.
- Daily podium awards will take place at ~ 12:15 for morning races and 2:45 for afternoon races.
- Course will be closed for warm-up during races.
- Helmets are to be worn at all times when you’re on the bike!
- Mountain bikes are allowed, but no bar ends.
- Only a bicycle with a freewheel and one working brake on each wheel shall be used.
- Maximum tire width of 2.99 inches allowed when snow is on ground (>3 inches). No tire width limitation on days when the ground is bare of snow.
- End of Season Party at Clairvoyant Brewing Company (December, DATE TBD)
The Idaho Waffle Cross Series isn’t ‘just’ bike racing. It’s about having a good time for the entire family. We have hot, fresh made, Belgium waffles and Clairvoyant beer on tap at all our events. Waffles are traded for your donation and Clairvoyant beers are available for $3 each. If you’re a racer of appropriate age, the first one is free. All donations and proceeds from waffles and beers are donated to our charitable partners.
Since 2011, IWCX has raised ~$12,600 for local charities, ~1800 pounds of food, and ~$2500 in bikes and bike parts.
Our expo booth space is reserved for our sponsors. If there are spaces available after sponsors have reserved their space, they will be available on a first come, first serve basis for a fee. If you are interested in booth space in our expo area, please contact us.